Where does one start when blogging? I must admit that I'm going to have to get used to the idea of sharing my life on the "interwebs." Don't get me wrong, I've done the customary FaceBook and MySpace profiles. And I'm even honest on them...but, then again, I'm not bearing my soul for all to see...
While the first few posts will probably be a little shaky, I'm really excited about the opportunity to document my life. When I turned 30, and every time my children turn a year older, I'm disappointed in myself in how little I've done to document the moment, capture the memories. I'm the person who takes the camera to the event/party/whatever, and never takes one picture. It's partially because I'm a little shy (I know...hard to believe). Well, I guess shy isn't the right word. I try very hard to not seem stuck up or full of myself, and picture taking is not conducive to pulling off that image. Okay, that sounds really silly but it's true. The other reason why I suck at capturing the moment is due to the same reason that I take terrible notes in a meeting - I overestimate how well I will remember things.
Anyway...
Since I'm an online marketer, I will not forgive myself, going into my 31st year, if I don't start documenting things. It's going to be nice to look back five years from now and read archived posts. I have notebooks that I've taken sermon notes or scribbled down scriptures or nuggets of wisdom from Bible Studies from years and years ago. It's not only interesting to see my handwriting (which changes from day to day depending on my mood), but also the notes and dates associated with them helps to remind me of the things that I was going through, the battles that WE'VE fought, and the victories that WE'VE won. It's sometimes hard at times, especially when you're in the middle of another storm (and, really...aren't we always) to remember the faithfulness of God. So, overall, that will be the purpose of the "Purposefull Made by Him" blog. To help remind myself of the journey - because there is progress, even when the devil tries to convince you that there's not. In the middle of all my "David-sized" failures and inconsistencies....there's progress. And while I personally take note of my life from an outsider's perspective through this blog, I invite the fellowship of others...the interaction...the feedback of like-minded individuals...who are too moving forward and walking in their purpose.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3:12-14
I couldn't have said it better myself...
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment