Monday, August 16, 2010

"For I Know The Plans I Have For You"

Whew! Isn't this good news!  I am so glad that He knows the plans because I certainly didn't...don't.  My last blog post was in January.  And since then I have:

  • Been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
  • Had an emergency surgery (darn gall bladder)
  • Lost a close family member quite unexpectantly
  • Gone through a divorce
And...to top it all off, all this happened before the end of June.  In fact, within 30 days, I was diagnosed, had about four MRI scans, a surgery, a spinal tap, and a funeral.  I know, I know...it's almost comical when I think about the sheer volume of things that happened that could have broken my spirit.  And...on top of all that, I had just started my first semester back in school at Liberty University with a double major declared (Religious Studies and Marketing) AND I was smart* enough to take 18 hours my first semester back.  Yeah, you're right...it actually is quite comical.

If it wasn't for this little nugget found in Jeremiah, I'm not quite sure what I would have done.  It's wonderful to think that nothing surprises my God.  No matter how much of a shock it is to me, I can rest assured God is sitting on His throne bored by the "un-newness" (that probably isn't a word, huh) of it all.  I made it through the diagnosis and am doing fine.  I made it through the first semester of school with 15 hours completed and a 3.3 GPA.  I've tested many of the scriptures within the Bible (most of them dealing with grace and mercy) but I can attest that this one holds true as well. 

Jeremiah 29:11 - Checked off the list...God is faithful!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment